The house was just outside of Mt. Vernon. One night, we drove through the Deception Pass State Park to see Deception Pass. Deception Pass is a huge bridge that connects Whidbey Island to Fidalgo Island. We walked across the bridge and as Chris would say, "I'm not gonna lie...I'm a little tripped out right now." The bridge was pretty high.
This is the beach at Deception Pass State Park
Chris insisted that we go the Boeing factory and take the tour. The things we do for our husbands... The building in the background of the first picture is the largest building by volume in the world. It has six hangers where they build planes, one of which is where they are building the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner. It was interesting to see how planes are built. Very very intricate pieces of machinery.
If you were ever wondering how big plane tires are... You would think they would be bigger.
Plane engine. Bigger than I thought.
After the Boeing tour, we spent the afternoon in Seattle. We went to Pike's Market which is a marketplace where a bunch of different vendors set up shop. If you get there early enough, you can watch the fish vendors throwing fish. They also have awesome produce. We bought some of the best peaches I have ever tasted (except for my Dad's home grown peaches of course). The market place also had several vendors that were making fresh flower bouquets right on the spot. The best part: they only cost $5 for a small bouquet (which was about the size of a wedding bouquet) and $15 dollars for a large. I would have gotten one if I wasn't headed home on a plane the next day. Sadly, the only thing we bought besides peaches was an oatmeal cookie. Next time, I'll get a bouquet. After Pike's Market, we went to a nice seafood restaurant and had some tasty fish.
Unfortunately there was a chaotic carnival at the base of the Space Needle which brought all sorts of people out of the wood works. After a long afternoon of walking and because of the crazy crowd, we decided to take a picture in front of the Space Needle rather than wait in line and pay to go to the top. I've been on top of the Stratosphere. Practically the same thing, right?!?
The Sunday before I left, Chris took me out on a row boat ride on the lake by the house. It was pretty fun. I tried for about 5 minutes to row. Apparantely my left arm is stronger than my right because all we did was go in circles.
Chris and I definitely enjoyed Washington. It would be nice if we could go back again. In case you were wondering, we did not go to Forks.
Looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your hair is getting so long! I haven't seen you with hair that long since 3rd grade! Gorgeous
I had the same thought about your hair! :) You are just a little world traveler! Looks fun!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun trip. I have NEVER been to that part of the world! I can't believe you didn't even try to make it to Forks! j/k.
ReplyDeletei thought a plane wheel would have been bigger as well! ditto on the cute hair AND you should come visit me if you want to see vampire sites.........apparently alot of the filming was done in the columbia gorge (near portland)
ReplyDeletespoiled
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have seen you try to row the boat. And your view from your room was awesome!
ReplyDeleteHi! You guys have a pretty rough life! Looks like fun. I love Washington.
ReplyDelete