Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Catch Up - Summer in Oregon

Before I post about the most beautiful baby ever born, I thought I would keep things in order and blog about our summer.  After experiencing my first summer here in Oregon, I realized why people actually like to live in Oregon and that it almost makes the 9 months of rain tolerable.  I repeat...ALMOST tolerable.  The temperatures are warm and mild and the sun has actually been shining for nearly 3 months now though the forecast for this weekend is predicting the return of the rain.

One great thing about Oregon that we took full advantage of is berry picking.  We found a farm nearby where you can go and pick your own berries.  We stocked up on marionberries, boysenberries, and blackberries.  I also made freezer jam for the first time.  


Our summer would not be complete without a trip to Utah.  Chris did not waste a minute and was out biking or running most of the time.  We also had a blast at the annual Bailey family reunion in Park City.


In the meantime, I continued to grow...

and grow...
and grow....


and grow....
and grow.
This picture was taken at 37 weeks,  3 days before I had the baby.

Chris' paternity shot.  He was feeling left out.

Chris and I took a babymoon to Seattle.  We had a great time exploring Pike's Market and going to dinner at Maggianos.  We did not, however, have a great time when we got stuck in the sketchy parts of town.  Lots of sin out there I must say.
Chris and I spent a little time at the coast in Newport, OR while  Chris attended a law conference.  The weather was beautiful.

Well, that was our summer in a nutshell.  Definitely looking forward to next summer as the rain approaches.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....I didn't know you had your baby!!! I need details immediately! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna! I knew you had your baby from Chris' post on facebook, but I want to say congrats to you! You need to post details and pictures! Hope you and baby are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete