Sunday, May 9, 2010

Buble, Birthday, Boston, Beach

The past couple of months have been busy but fun. We went to the Michael Buble concert at the end of March. The concert was our Valentine's gift to each other and it was a great show. The opening act was an a'cappella group called Naturally 7. The only accompaniment to their music is their own voices making the sound of the instruments. They are pretty amazing so look them up on youtube sometime.



We celebrated the second annual Birthday Week for Joanna. We ate yummy food at Francks that evening. It was really great when all the waiters and waitresses including Franck himself came and wished Joanna a Happy Birthday. Franck even made Joanna her own chocolate dessert. And to top things off...a birthday isn't a birthday without ice cream cake.

A little over a week later we were on a plane to Boston with Joanna's sister Alison and her husband Darren. My brother Al and his wife Myndi also came out. Alison, Al and I all ran the Boston marathon on April 19th. The race was amazing, the best race that I have ever done. I posted a 2:56 which I was happy about. We all had a very fun time together in Boston.

The three nervous racers the morning of the race.


Joanna nearly missed seeing me at mile 21 at the top of heart break hill but she saw me just in time to cheer me on.


The post race feast started off with pastries and root beer. Later we had pizza and more desserts. Sometimes eating to your hearts content is worth running 26.2 miles. Ask Al...he could tell you all about it.

The crew at the pizza place. We had a great time spending the race with all the Vegas friends.

All the runners: Jen, Al, Chris, Mike, Brenda, and Alison. They all did great in the race.

The weekend after Boston we went to Southern California to participate in the SoCal Ragnar Relay. Joanna ran so good, she's inspired to do a half marathon now (she signed up for the Provo River Trail Half in August). We had a great team and made a lot of new friends. After finishing our portions of the race, we headed off to the finish line (after a shower, Golden Spoon, and big gulps) at the beach which made all the running and little sleep worth it.


We enjoyed the seafood and relaxation during our time in California. It's good to be home. Despite the fun places we have traveled to, we still love it here in Utah. Utah has a great community and beautiful scenery we enjoy so much.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a lot of fun lately! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of hard work went into each of the above events. Congratulations! Also, thank you, thank you, thank you for updating your blog. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Chris at the marathon. The one taken from behind. It totally shows his running "swagger".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that concert was awesome! I wanted to go so bad. One day I hope to be sponsored by Nordstrom like Michael Buble

    ReplyDelete